1. To help students develop an aesthetic insight for the enrichment of life
2. To arouse students’ interests in various arts forms and develop their individual talent
3. To cultivate students’ creativity through observation and experiential learning
4. To develop students’ self-confidence and enable them to acquire knowledge through co-operative learning
1. F.1 to F.3 students learn about the connection between music and visual arts through the cross-curriculum of the two subjects. Each year, F.1 to F.3 students visit an art exhibition in order to widen their insights.
|Visit an art exhibition|
|F.1 Painting – rhythm and melody|
|F.3 Poster design - Musical|
2. F.4 to F.5 students learn about music, dance, drama, visual arts and media art through the subject of Integrated Arts Education.
|F.5 media arts lesson|
1. All F.1 to F.3 students need to join the “One Art for Life” programme, which consists of 30 different arts classes.
2. We will participate in programmes organized by professional associations, through which our students were honoured to learn from renowned artists.
|“Through Our Eyes” Photography Education Programme|
To promote the school’s arts atmosphere and to allow students to perform what they have learnt, wehave been holding variety shows in our school hall and in various public venues since 1999. The annual performance, “Ensemble LKSART” has been held at different public venues including Sha Tin Town Hall, the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, the Academic Community Hall and Yuen Long Theatre, where our students showed their talents in music, dance, musicals and drama.
|2017 – School Hall|
|1st runner-up - 5B Li Wing Ting|
Our school won the“Young Friends of Hong Kong Arts Festival” top school award for 9 years from 2008 to 2017
|2016-17 Top School Award|
The scheme is organised by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council in order to encourage the active participation and sharing of artistic passion and widen the horizons of the arts ambassadors.
|2017-18 5B Lee Hung Ching|